Monday, January 12, 2009

Extended Metaphor: Me as a Writer

You know those little capsules?
The ones you put in a bowl of water, and then they are a foam thing?
Well I got one of those from Toys R’ Us.
I told my mom to buy it for me,
And to not tell me what shape it would be.
She handed it to me and said to me, “This is gonna be good.”
At this point I’m pretty darn excited.
I got home and put that capsule in a bowl of hot water.
Hot water makes it go faster.
I guess it wasn’t fast enough.
I waited.
I waited, waited a little more.
I watched a little T.V.
I waited.
I hate waiting. Thinking about what it could be makes my head spin.
“Bryan!! Bryan it’s taking shape!!!”
Once it started taking shape, it didn’t stop.
It was on a roll.
When it was done, it was magical, just magical.
It was a beautiful foam dinosaur. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment